Fairs and festivals in India in month of June
Sindhu Darshan Festival
Leh & Ladakh: The Sindhu Darshan Festival is organised annually at Leh. People travel for a Darshan and Puja of the River Sindhu (Indus), which originates from the Mansarovar in Tibet. The Festival aims at projecting the Sindhu River as a symbol of multi-dimensional cultural identity, communal harmony and peaceful co-existence in India. It is also an opportunity for people from around the country and overseas to visit the beautiful regions of Leh and Ladakh.
Ladakh, Jammu Kashmir– The courtyard of Hemis Gompa-the biggest Buddhist monastery in Ladakh is the stage for the famous ‘Hemis’ festival that celebrates the birth anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava. The colourful two-day pageant falls on the 10th day (Tse-Chu) of the Tibetan lunar month. The local people are seen dressed up in their finest traditional garb for the occasion. Lamas called ‘chhams’ perform splendid masked dances and sacred plays to the accompaniment of cymbals, drums and long horns.
Champakulam Boat Race, Allapuzha
The Champakulam Moolam Boat Race is the oldest and most popular vallam kali (snake boat race) in Kerala state of south India. The race is held on the River Pamba in Allapuzha on Moolam day (according to the Malayalam Era M.E) of the Malayalam month Midhunam, the day of the installation of the deity at the Ambalappuzha Sree Krishna Temple.
Fair & Festival in India
- Fairs and festivals in December
- Fairs and festivals in September
- Fairs and festivals in November
- Fairs and festivals in October
- Fairs and festivals in August
- Fairs and festivals in July
- Fairs and festivals in June
- Fairs and festivals in May
- Fairs and festivals in April
- Fairs and festivals in March
- Fairs and festivals in Febuary
- Fairs and festivals in January