Fairs ande festivals in India in month of april
the oldest and most important of the Hindu festivals. It takes place every three years, at one of the four great holy cities – Nasik (Maharashtra), Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh), Prayag or Allahabad and Haridwar (both in Uttar Pradesh). It is attended by millions of pilgrims who take a holy dip in the holy rivers.
The Summer Festivals are held at Mount Abu, Rajasthan and at Ooty in Tamil Nadu. The 3 days summer festival held at Mount Abu is a feast of folk and classical music and dance. Traditional dance forms of Gair, Ghoomar and Daph are performed by the artists of Rajasthan. Another summer festival held at Ooty (the Queen of Hill Stations) is also the main attraction.
A festival of bittersweet sentiments is Id-e-Milad, popularly known as Barah Wafat which commemorates the birth as well as the death anniversary of the Prophet Mohammed.
celebrated mostly in North India, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu, this marks the Hindu Solar New Year.
All across India, the day of Ram Navami is celebrated as the birthday of the Lord Ram, one of the most familiar and loved deities in the Hindu pantheon.
Fair & Festival in India
- Fairs and festivals in December
- Fairs and festivals in September
- Fairs and festivals in November
- Fairs and festivals in October
- Fairs and festivals in August
- Fairs and festivals in July
- Fairs and festivals in June
- Fairs and festivals in May
- Fairs and festivals in April
- Fairs and festivals in March
- Fairs and festivals in Febuary
- Fairs and festivals in January