Lake Palace, a luxury palace situated on the placid rim of Lake Pichola in Udaipur city
If you are wondering how the erstwhile Maharajas of Rajasthan lived? Want to have a glimpse in their luxury life ?
We suggest you to book your next luxury holidays in India
in Lake Palace of Udaipur. Built in white marble and situated on an island in the middle of Lake Pichola. This is one of the most romantic palaces on earth. The Palace situated amidst the scenic Pichola Lake can only be reached by boats.
Today run by Taj Group of hotels a renowned chain of 5 star luxury hotels in India
and aboard. It offers a heavenly experience to every guest staying in this palace of sheer luxury. The imposing Aravalli Hills on one side and soaring palaces on the other, make the perfect background to this beautiful Lake Palace. It was constructed by Maharana Jagat Singh II in 1746. The magnificent Palace stretches across a four-acre island creating a dream-like impression. Originally, the Palace was named as Jag Niwas after the name of the Maharana. The wonderful architecture of the Lake Palace will make you spell-bound and mesmerise you. Lake Palace has a series of courtyards that are aligned with numerous columns, terraces, beautiful fountains and well laid gardens. Lake Palace also comprises several rooms by the name of Bada Mahal, Khush Mahal, Ajjan Niwas, Phool Mahal and Dhola Mahal which gives scenic views of palaces of Udaipur. These exotic rooms are decked with carved arches, paintings, crystal work, stained glass work, inland stones of pink and green lotus leaves.
Room Facilities in Lake Palace
It has 83 Rooms, including 17 Suites. Most of the rooms offer a view of the lake along with the City Palace, Aravali mountain ranges and/or the Jagmandir Palace, the neighbouring island palace. All the rooms are well equipped with guest amenities like international direct dial facility, private bars, colour television with satellite programmes, personal safe, hair dryer and dataport facility amongst others. Wi - fi - wireless internet access is also available.
Different categories of rooms at Lake Palace, Udaipur:
- The Luxury Rooms offer sumptuous comfort and princely-inspired décor. Some rooms provide stunning views of the lake while others the beautiful Lily Pond.
- The Palace Rooms offer opulent comfort and inspired design befitting royalty. Apart from guest amenities, they have a lake view.
- The Royal Spa Suite The Rang Mahal or palace of colour adorns colourful embellishments. Located in one of the oldest parts of the palace, this lovely one bedded suite, charmingly set in two levels, has a treatment room (massage room) and its own private Jacuzzi. The suite enjoys scenic views of the lake and Jagmandir Palace.
- The Royal Suites are graced with traditional décor, impeccable interiors and stained glass windows. They offer all guest amenities as well as separate sit-out with stunning views of the lake and Aravali mountain range.
- The Grand Royal Suites - High ceilings, deeply-carved mouldings, ornate glasswork, and miniature paintings transport guests to a world of Rajasthan magnificence. Many rooms offer unique features, such as Jacuzzi tubs, marble clad bathrooms with switch-lite glass windows, rainforest showers, original works of art, crystal chandeliers, as well as vistas.
- The Shambhu Prakash Suite, furnished in impressive, opulent strokes and graced with high curved arches, exudes grandeur and a European touch. An adjoining balcony offers panoramic views of the lake and hills.
Wine & Dine facilities at Lake Palace
- Neel Kamal: The fine dining restaurant overlooking the Lily Pond bears a décor reminiscent of royal banquet halls. Elegant crockery and crystal complement the rich upholstery and gilt embellished arches. The restaurant serves a delectable selection of local 'Rajasthani' fare, and other Indian favourites. Lunch: 1230 hours - 1430 hours & Dinner 1930 hours - 2230 hours.
- Jharokha: The informal all-day dining restaurant by the lake with it's scalloped arches frame has splendid views of the lake and City Palace. Enjoy a contemporary fare from the extensive menu featuring a vibrant array of dishes from around the world.
- Amrit Sagar - Sea of Nectar: A stylish bar is renowned for its fine selection of vintage wines, spirits, cigars and 'sheeshas'. The bar has a refreshing indoor-outdoor ambiance, and a relaxed charm that invites guests to lounge any time of the day.
The Royal Butlers can create magical dining moments wherever you desire be it be within the luxury of your suite, a sit down dinner by the Lily Pond; a romantic dinner on the Mewar Terrace, dinner on the marigold decked royal barge or pontoon or a candle studded courtyard.
Other Facilities & Services at Lake Palace
Broadband Internet access, Colour copier, Laptop computers on hire, Mobile phones on hire, Multimedia computers, Portable printers on hire, Secretarial services, Wireless Internet access, Babysitting, Car Hire Service, Currency Exchange, Doctor-on-call, Express Laundry/Dry cleaning, Florist, Heritage Champagne Walks at the Palace, Special Meal Experience at a choice of locations, Taj Spa and outdoor swimming pool, Vintage cars available for airport transfer and city tours, Shopping and Sightseeing excursions, Swimming Pool (Outdoor), Udaipur theme event, Taj Spa, Yoga and meditation classes.