Situated in the center-east of India, it is a newly created state from the state of Madhya Pradesh. Blessed with wildlife, forest, mountains and mesmerizing waterfalls and rich flora et fauna, Tours to Chattisgarh is becoming favorite of travelers seeking the real Indian experience. Ancient monuments and temples with rich cultural heritage are the proud parts of Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh tours represent the discovery of mostly tribal culture and offering a rare glimpse into the untouched and unexplored life of tribal’s in India. Apart from this, Chhattisgarh has some of the most exquisite Buddhist sites and monuments for the people wants to explore Buddhist heritage in India. Offering a unique experience of wildlife tours in India, Chhattisgarh also has 3 National Parks and 11 Wildlife Sanctuaries gifted with unparalleled natural beauty and diversely rich flora and fauna. The state is also a treasure trove of cultural extravaganza in the form of culture and festivals celebrated by its friendly people mostly tribal’s. Chhattisgarh is a goldmine for travelers looking to explore the tribal life in India. Chattisgarh tours are becoming favorite among the traveler looking for untapped and unexplored exclusive sites.
The best way to reach and explore Chhattisgarh travel itineraries is making your way into the state through the state capital Raipur.
By Air: Taking the aerial route to Raipur is the easiest way to start a tour to Chhattisgarh. The capital of Chhattisgarh is the only place in the state that is linked by air to New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and all other major metro cities of India with regular flights.
By Road: Chhattisgarh has excellent road connectivity, with its being part of National Highway No. 6/16/43. Chhattisgarh is well connected by road to its neighboring states as well as the important cities of the region. It has frequent intercity services through State road transport as well as various private bus operators.
By Train: Raipur and Bilaspur are the two main rail junctions of the state. Well connected with all major routes on Indian railway network. Being served by all important trains regularly, traveling through train is also the best way to visit Chhattisgarh from anywhere in India
This beautiful travel destination of India has different charms during the different seasons of the year . The best season to visit Chattisgarh is, however, the winters starting from October until February/March .
Summer (April – June): The summer months starting from April until June are swelteringly hot & humid. With Mercury regularly breaking the 40°C barrier making your tour to Chattisgarh hard explore.
Monsoon (July –September): The monsoon serves a critical role, as the region’s agricultural production is completely dependent on the seasonal rains. The temperature is around 25°Cto 30°C but heavy rainfall can hamper your schedule of sightseeing in Chattisgarh.
Winters (October-march): Winters are pleasant and with an average temperature around 10°C to 25°C. This is considered the perfect time to plan holidays to Chattisgarh. Moreover, October is a festival season celebrated by tribal’s with their own unique customs and traditions which are quite different from the rest of the country. In March the popular Bhogaria Haat festival is celebrated a few days before Holi (the color festival) which is a traditional tribal festival, where youngsters pick their future partners. It is a must watch for every traveler, traveling to Chattisgarh in February or March. Check the dates of Bhogaria Haat festival with us.
• Surguja: This district in Chhattisgarh is on of the most demanded destination of tourists. Mythologically related to Lord Rama, it has been historically ruled by various dynasties. Apart from this, Surguja has a great tribal heritage to it. One can also explore ancient ruins and temples filled with rich history and legends. Waterfalls especially Kendai waterfall is also a prime attraction of this place.
• Dantewada: Dantewada is a surprise waiting for you. It’s untouched pristine forests and mountains can easily charm you. Apart from its scenic beauty, it has a number of charming attractions from temples to places of historical importance. It is also a mining area and a visit to Rowghat mine is always on the cards.
• Champaran: Birthplace of the famous Saint Vallabhacharya founder of Vallabh Sect. This village in Chhattisgarh has both a religious and historical significance. Champaran houses two most important temples, one devoted to Saint Vallabhacharya and the other dedicated to Champakeshwara Mahadeva. This place witnesses a large gathering of the Vaishnavites from every nook and corner of India .
• Bilaspur: Known as the rice bowl of Chhattisgarh. This place in Chhattisgarh is a unique blend of nature, wildlife, tribal life, history, and religion. The place is blessed with an extensive stretch of thick forest and shielding various wildlife in its Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary. The place is also home to the famous Rout festival visited by hundreds of tourist every year. The place is also a major spot for the red stone mining.
• Bastar: This place still steeped in ancient time, has retained its originality till date. A predominantly tribal area the place takes pride in its natural panoramic view – lush green woods, cluster of hills, tranquil surroundings with a rich endowment of flora and fauna. Providing you a rare glimpse of the traditional tribal life of India. Bastar is a destination waiting to be explored. Bastar Palace is also one the must visit attraction.
• Raipur: This Capital city of Chhattisgarh, Raipur is an assortment of numerous tourist attractions. Temples, Museums, Sanctuaries, this place has everything to offer. Raipur is also a place for shopping if you want to shop for traditional handicraft and tribal jewelry and artifacts, this is the paradise for you.